What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive adds more control, traction, and confidence on the streets of San Diego. Available in many Mercedes-Benz models, this advanced all-wheel drive system provides the following perks:
- More grip during bad weather, including rain, sleet, or snow
- Preserves strong fuel economy
- Distributes power to the wheels that can use it best
Learn more about the perks of Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive before making your way to Mercedes-Benz of San Diego to experience luxury-level performance capabilities in person!
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
The 4MATIC® all-wheel system works in four different ways to enhance your driving ability in Del Mar and beyond:
- Braking, acceleration, and steering all depend on the force sent to your car’s tires. By expanding the power distribution from the front or rear wheels to all four, it maximizes the force that can be sent to the road.
- When you’re headed into a corner, the outside wheels take a longer path than the inside ones. That causes them to rotate at different speeds. The 4MATIC® system monitors wheel spin and makes sure it’s running as it should.
- Loose dirt, patches of ice, and sudden rain can change a road surface quickly. Luckily, the 4MATIC® AWD system monitors conditions and adjusts brakes and engine output to match. It works with an electronic traction system to maintain control.
- In high performance driving situations, being able to send different amounts of torque to each wheel maximizes your handling. Luckily, 4MATIC® all-wheel drive does just that.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Can Be Equipped with 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
From the well-equipped C-Class Sedan to luxury SUVs, a wide range of Mercedes-Benz models can be outfitted with 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive:
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
In addition, most Mercedes-Benz AMG® models include the added perk of AMG® Performance 4MATIC® all-wheel drive. If you want the best in terms of specs and power, you’ll definitely want to try out a Mercedes-Benz AMG® car whether that’s a Mercedes-Benz GLA AMG® option or a C-Class AMG® option.
Browse Our 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Selection
Explore our inventory of new, used, and certified pre-owned models with all-wheel drive today to see which one works best for your needs. You can even compare our models including the Mercedes-Benz E-Class vs. the BMW 5 Series to help you make your decision. Want to get even more enjoyment out of your San Diego drives? Explore Mercedes-Benz performance tuning options with our service department.
Mercedes-Benz vehicles offer a variety of other advanced features as well, including DISTRONIC PLUS®, PRESAFE®, ATTENTION ASSIST®, and more. From the Mercedes-Benz GLA SUV to the E-Class sedan, there’s an option for everyone. If a model catches your eye, schedule a test drive at our showroom near Rancho Santa Fe.
Learn More at Mercedes-Benz of San Diego
Every aspect of the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV is practically guaranteed to please. Of course, that claim extends to the generous Mercedes-Benz GLS dimensions, which allow you to accommodate up to seven passengers on the roads near San Diego and Del Mar. Inside and out, it’s clear that this full-size three-row SUV has exactly what you’re searching…
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE dimensions make it a mobile fortress, a home-away-from-home, and a refuge from all of life’s little inconveniences. We’ve covered the GLE interior dimensions and exterior measurements below, so you can eliminate surprises in advance of your test drive and spend more time focusing on the features that really matter. View Our…
Looking for a luxury midsize SUV with ample room and incredible functionality? Take a look at the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC. With power folding rear seats, programmable side mirrors, and many other features, the whole family will have no problem taking on the streets of San Diego. Learn more about the Mercedes-Benz GLC dimensions and cargo space…