What Is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®?
Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® technology helps keep drivers safe on Carlsbad adventures and El Cajon excursions alike. Learn more about the ATTENTION ASSIST® “take a break” Mercedes-Benz feature below, and contact us to further explore Mercedes-Benz technology features like DISTRONIC PLUS® and 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive. When you’re ready, visit Mercedes-Benz of San Diego near Del Mar to take a test drive!
How Does Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® Work?
ATTENTION ASSIST® from Mercedes-Benz is a system unlike any other. Its innovate sensor and precise algorithm work together to alert drowsy drivers on the road. Here’s how it works:
- For the first few minutes of your drive, ATTENTION ASSIST® uses over 70 parameters to learn your personal driving style.
- As you keep driving, the system will detect steering corrections that are usually made due to driver fatigue.
- Next, the system considers other factors like weather, crosswinds, and road conditions to determine how you’re interacting with vehicle controls, buttons, etc.
- If the system assesses all of these factors and determines that you’re drowsy or fatigued, it will alert you and suggest that you stop and take a break.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Offer ATTENTION ASSIST®?
Luckily, ATTENTION ASSIST® is now available on most new Mercedes-Benz models, in addition to other advanced safety features like Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist. Here are the specific models that provide ATTENTION ASSIST® to Rancho Santa Fe drivers.
- Cars: C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, CLA, and CLS
- SUVs: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, and G-Class
- Roadsters: SLC, SL, and Mercedes-AMG® GT
- Commercial Vans: Standard on all Metris models
Learn More About Mercedes-Benz Safety at Mercedes-Benz of San Diego
If you want to learn more about Mercedes-Benz safety and technology features, visit us near San Diego! Our staff will walk you through everything from PRESAFE® technology to COMAND® infotainment. We’ll help you find the right luxury model for your commute.