What Is Mercedes-Benz DISTRONIC PLUS®?
The DISTRONIC PLUS® active cruise control system maintains an even distance behind traffic ahead of you. It uses radar to monitor the gap between your Mercedes-Benz vehicle and the car in front of you. This lets you move with the flow of traffic better than a standard single-speed cruise control system. DISTRONIC® is available in most new models, including the Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 and the Mercedes-Benz GLA SUV. Learn more about the Mercedes DISTRONIC PLUS® feature at Mercedes-Benz of San Diego near San Diego.
How Do I Use DISTRONIC PLUS®?
If your car is already equipped with this advanced feature, take the following steps to operate it:
- Much like a normal cruise control system, the DISTRONIC PLUS® controls are located on a lever attached to your steering column.
- To set your cruising speed, move the lever up or down. You can then fine-tune your speed by moving the lever up to speed up, or move it down to slow down. It changes your speed by one mile per hour.
- If you press the lever hard, it changes the speed by five miles per hour.
- To cancel your cruise control setting, push the lever away from you or press the brakes.
- If you want to resume the last set speed, simply pull the lever toward you.
- A knob on the end of the lever adjusts the following distance behind the vehicle ahead of you. It shows the distance on the central screen.
- If the traffic ahead stops completely, the DISTRONIC PLUS® system will bring your car to a stop. If the stop is longer than three seconds, you can resume the system by tapping the gas or pulling the lever toward you.
DISTRONIC PLUS® should only be used on highways, and the driver should remain aware of their surroundings at all times. For more information, consult your owner’s manual or get in touch with Mercedes-Benz of San Diego.
What Is DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist?
The DISTRONIC® Steering Assist feature helps keep your Mercedes-Benz vehicle in its lane. It monitors lane markings and surrounding vehicles and makes steering adjustments to compensate for curves in the road, as well as monitors traffic in the lane to the left to prevent overtaking vehicles from the right. DISTRONIC PLUS® Steering Assist also monitors to make sure that the driver’s hands are still on the steering wheel. This additional level of safety and convenience supplies more peace of mind on the hectic streets of Del Mar.
Which Mercedes-Benz Models offer DISTRONIC® Cruise Control?
DISTRONIC cruise control systems are included standard or available in the following Mercedes-Benz vehicles:
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Mercedes-Benz CLA
- Mercedes-Benz CLS
- Mercedes-Benz GLA
- Mercedes-Benz GLC
- Mercedes-Benz GLE
- Mercedes-Benz GLS
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class
- Mercedes-Benz SLC
- Mercedes-Benz SL
Turn to Mercedes-Benz of San Diego for More Info
Depending on which model you choose, you’ll find DISTRONIC®, DISTRONIC PLUS®, or DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist features. Contact Mercedes-Benz of San Diego for specific model information about Mercedes-Benz tech features like PRESAFE®, or stop by our showroom near Rancho Santa Fe. Looking for more helpful guides like this? Discover the benefits that come with buying a certified pre-owned vehicle at Mercedes-Benz of San Diego.
More From Mercedes-Benz of San Diego
New Mercedes-Benz E-Class Inventory Contact Us If you’d like to give a luxurious aspect to your daily San Diego commute, the 2019 Mercedes-Benz E-Class interior should be on your radar. This upscale sedan delivers a first-class cabin adorned with high-end fabrics and top-tier features. To learn more before visiting Mercedes-Benz of San Diego for a test drive, simply read…
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLA is a compact SUV with impressive performance specs. Available in three configurations, including one Mercedes-Benz AMG® trim, the new GLA is the ideal companion for everything from everyday errands around San Diego to road-tripping around Rancho Santa Fe. Not to mention, it’s one of the most cost-effective Mercedes-Benz SUVs — making it a great pick…
Agile and adventurous, the Mercedes-Benz GLA combines sporty performance and a compact footprint with interior space to spare. Drivers are confronted by a wide range of luxury fittings and features when they first climb inside the Mercedes-Benz GLA interior, and cavernous cargo dimensions ensure upper-class touches are complemented by everyday practicality. Read on to explore…